Friday, October 19, 2012

This week I found a website about Poverty. This website told me something I had not yet come across in my research so far. This website says that we actually have plenty of food in the world to feed everyone, but the people that are suffering from hunger are so deep in poverty they don't even have the money to get this food.   So this website proposes that to get people out of poverty we do "food for work". Basically, you work for food. This way no one is hungry. Also, they give education for food. So when people get food from work they can also use that food to pay for education. This is a great way to end poverty.

2 comments:

  1. What a great website! I can't believe we have enough food in the world but the people that are suffering from hunger are just so deep in poverty! I think this is because people in certain countries, like the United States, take too much food. Do you agree? We have so much food here and I think we have PLENTY to share with people in poverty. There is defiantly enough food on this planet, but some of us take more than we actually need to survive. I love the "food for network" idea! Working for food and giving education for food is a great way to give these people with no money something to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definatly think this is a good idea. No one should have to starve to death. also giving these impoverished people work, will teach them skills they ill need in the real world. Also giving them an education would be the best thing for htem because even if they do not get out of poverty, if they teach their children what they learn their children have a chance for a better life

    ReplyDelete